1/2 cup sugar
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
butter and warm maple syrup, to serve
1. Whisk eggs, sugar and melted butter in medium bowl until blended.
2. Add flour alternately with milk in 3 additions, whisking to blend after each addition.
3. Whisk in baking powder and salt.
4. Melt enough butter in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium heat just to coat bottom. Ladle scant 3/4 cup batter into skillet, rotating skillet to spread batter to about 6-inch-diameter round*. Cook pancake until bubbles form on surface and bottom is brown, about 1 minute. Turn over pancake and cook until bottom is brown and pancake is cooked through, about 1 minute.
5. Serve immediately with butter and warm maple syrup, or keep warm in a 120C/250F oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
* Alternately, make smaller pancakes if preferred.
Thanks to Epicurious for the recipe!