8 tsp salt reduced soy sauce
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger or 1 tsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp grated orange rind
4tsp vegetable oil
1 slice toppside beef steak, trimmed and cut into strips
1 meedium red or green capsicum, cut into strips
1 cup thinly sliced carrot
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup thinly sliced spring onions
1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
2 cups fresh bean sprouts (optional)
1. In a small bowl combine stock, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and orange rind. Mix well.
2. In a wok or large, heavy-based frying pan, heat oil over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Place beef on a plate using a slotted spoon.
3. Add capsicum, carrot, celery, spring onions and mushrooms to wok; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add stock and stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 2 minutes.
4. Stir in beef, add bean sprouts if used, stir-fry for 2 minutes. Place on warm serving dish and serve over rice or chinese noodles.
- Experiment with different vegetables. Substitute broccoli for capsicum and use fresh or canned corn.