1/2 onion, sliced into rings
1/2 green capsicum (bell pepper), sliced
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbs. olive oil
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
2. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese, and coat meat. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan, and sauté 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic for 3 minutes. Quick fry (brown quickly on both sides) meat. Place meat in a casserole dish, slightly overlapping edges. Place onion rings and capsicum on top of meat, and pour spaghetti sauce over all.
3. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat. Sprinkle mozzarella over meat and leave in the oven till bubbly.
4. Boil pasta al dente. Drain, and toss in butter and 1 teaspoon garlic. For a stronger garlic taste, season with garlic powder. Top with grated parmesan and parsley for colour.
- Prepare the meat ahead of time and refrigerate overnight: the acid in the tomato sauce will tenderise the meat even more. (Save mozzarella until the last minute if you do this).
Thanks to AllRecipes.com for the recipe!